Prep/cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving yield: 4
1. 1 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
3. Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
4. 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning.
5. 1 teaspoon of paprika.
6. 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
7. 1 tablespoon of butter.
8. 1 pound of trimmed asparagus stalks.
9. 1 sliced yellow onion.
10. 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
11. 1/4 cup chicken stock.
12. 1/3 cup of grated parmesan.
13. 1 lemon, juiced.
14. 3 minced cloves of garlic.
1. 1 thinly sliced lemon.
1. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat then add in the oil. Once the oil is hot, season the chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and onion powder then cook in the hot oil for about six minutes until the chicken is halfway cooked, set aside.
2. With the same skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and heat until it is melted. Add in the asparagus and onions then cook for about three to four minutes until the veggies become tender, set aside. Add in the chicken stock and lemon juice, stir to combine then add in the rest of the ingredients on the list. Stir everything to combine, add in the chicken, decrease the heat to a simmer and cook for about three to four minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add in the asparagus, stir to combine and place lemon slices on top, enjoy.
Calories: 473, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 32g, and Fiber: 4g.