Prep/cooking time: 5 hours 50 minutes
Serving yield: 2
For the pulled beef
1. 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. 1/2 medium and sliced onion.
3. 1/2 lb. of beef chuck roast.
4. 1 cup of hot beef broth.
5. 1/8 cup of tomato paste.
6. 1 teaspoon of tamari sauce.
7. 1/2 teaspoon of erythritol.
8. Chopped chives, to garnish
1. Place a non-stick skillet pan over medium heat then add in half tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the onions and cook for a few minutes until they becomes soft. Use a sharp kitchen knife to cut the beef chuck into two smaller pieces then set aside.
2. Still using the same skillet over medium heat, add in the rest of the oil then let heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the beef and cook for a few minutes until it becomes brown in all sides, golden in color and caramelized. Pour the contents of the skillet into a crockpot, cover with lid and let cook for about five hours.
3. Once cooked, take the beef out of the crockpot, cover with aluminum foil and let it sit for about ten minutes. In the meantime, place a skillet over medium heat, pour in the broth and juice from the crockpot then cook for a few minutes until the liquid reduces.
4. Next, add in the tomato paste and tamari, stir properly to combine, decrease the heat to low and cook for about three to four minutes. Use a fork to shred the beef then add to the skillet. Add in the erythritol, stir everything to combine then serve the meal with chopped chives, enjoy.
Calories: 753, Fat: 61g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 9g, and Protein: 33g.